while it was stretching to wait... I am glad that it is over. My wife knows several friends who are pregnant and I honestly can't imagine waiting for 9 months as the baby progresses... I know, I know... a bad form of analogy... but for this past week waiting to see if opportunity would call my number and life would change is what I was waiting for... and for now... we continue to wait for the right calling and job that I hope to have in the profession that Iam currently preparing for academically, so ...
To put it bluntly and to help myself move on... I was not chosen for the job I applied for. But that just means that I am still waiting for the one job that I am chosen for.........and while I wait I remember that waiting is not so bad...
I waited 32 years to kiss my wife.
I waited to marry her til June 28th. 2008.
I waited to move to Texas
I waited til I was 18 to be able to drive a car
I waited only to fully know that in the midst of the stormiest period of my life God rescued me in my teens.
I have waited and am still waiting for the opportunity to know my own kids.
I have waited for Jesus to return and am still waiting.
I am waiting and at times wading through all my school work to be called a workman who is approved when I graduate with my masters.
I am waiting with anticipation to know the confidence of the man I hope to be at the end of life. In Phillipians 1:6 it talks about being confident of this... that he who began the work in me will complete it ...
SO....... It reminds me of a kids song that has the words......I am a possibility........... and thats where I am .... a possibility who is waiting for a great big God to move and make mustard seeds grow into something I can only hope for.... something I can lay at the feet of the God who gave it to me so His glory is shown and His love abounds to all around.
to be real.......... it hurts, but I am still a possibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment