ZOOM>>>>.....life is moving fast and it appears that I have not been here in a while. I anticipate this being something that it a regular occurrence due to the nature of "nature" having provided along with Almighty God a new son in the last couple of months, I do miss the time to place thoughts here and banter with a few or dream that some works or words would be genuine and helpful. My Father is pining across from me and the gentle cooing with an occasional slurp of a pacifier is below me on the floor. Three male generations in the room and my father is discussing time and how generations have changed the way we communicate. My father thinks of books as credible sources, I consider how this blog is not a credible thing but merely thought, but it hopes to be a source of expression and hope. I wonder if the boys would know it someday and perhaps think of me or know me different than I would have a chance to convey because they are so young in the current and if I don't record then will they know that I love them, seek their best, try so much and wish for so many things in their lives that are there or are not there.
Focus of the talk changed to the coming times of persecution of the church, thoughts of retirement and end of life issues in the elder of the group. Wonderment in me considers what the next will know of what I know and the facts of previous history and generations who thought that the living generation would experience culmination or ends to what was known. It is true that there was change, but it led to a morphing instead of a permanent end. I am thinking about a WWII generation that my Grandfather and son's great Grandfather endured. Could it be again? - it goes in cycles and while there is the memorials and remembrance it does not seem to stop the human spirit from engaging in the power mongering and means of destruction that supposedly advance creation, This is however not what I know to be true regarding what Biblical Script indicates as it is not the hope to advance humanity that will prevail, but the spiritual deficits and backstage forces that as said to influence and finalize the reality we know and live. Scriptura Sola, or Sola Scriptura. it's only this that appears to reveal and portrays with accuracy, but accuracy is proven after the events and so internally I look to Christ to give grace and meaning so that peace will be a primary internal structure that all generations know and live out. My father has gained it and he has changed the trajectory of my life for the knowledge that he gave, but now it's my turn in the hearts of 2 boys to bend and steer.
The little one in the room is silent now, but is stomach was hiccuping for minutes and appeared to express its own tune as it is going through the process of expansion and finding function in providing a sustaining purpose in the life of this little boy. I write when he is 86 days out of the womb. Lord take our fears and exchange them for wisdom, faith, hope, and peace that may not be part of the reality we see, hear, and know, but it can be part of the internal workings of our hearts and souls.
I hope that someday my father would write to leave a legacy as well so I may know pieces of him and pieces of knowing that he knew.
No comments:
Post a Comment