thoughts from a seeker of truth, an explorer of knowledge, lover of wisdom and believer in Christ... and sometimes just about life.
20090905
what is His plan all about?
this summer has brought much wonderment and lots of disappointment. i don't mean to be a downer when I write about this and perhaps there is a way to write about this in a positive manner, but really blogging about it here allows me to live a more full life without carrying all of it inside. there have been many times throughout the summer where big tears and frustration have been very real in my life. I am reminded of this again today because something related to those frustrations reminded me that my world which seemed so solid and real has changed for good. Its official that my parents are still looking for a job. Its official that they are still seeking a place that God would have them be. Its official that they are still trying to understand why God would really ask them to leave where they are and go to another place that they have not found. Its official that my thoughts of my future have changed drastically because my parents are open to where the Lord would lead. Its official that my life has taken turns that will keep me here for the future. Its official that all the thoughts that I have for my future are completely gone. thoughts of my wife and I developing our family near our parents is slowly but surely going by the way side. Thoughts of being near my sisters went out the window a long time ago when my sisters decided to start to live their lives and that meant that one of them would be thousands of miles away from me and the other would be near but distant because I had not had the foresight to develop bonds with her earlier in life and so now its a lot of work to try to develop and catch up with her and yet i don't even know if that is going to be the right thing to do... I am have a lot of struggle lately trying to figure out why the picture of my fragile world has disintegrated before my eyes in regards to my family and now I am at a place where I dynamically have to make choices to change my perspective as to what the word family means to me and how much that has probably changed me so that my parents and sisters feel or think like I am far and distant from the people that were a strong nuclear part of my life.... now my nuclear part of me is no longer my old family, but my wife and I. ohhh I find comfort in that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment