20081207

Wow!!! what a week...

My parents and youngest sister are visiting my middle sister overseas and have tasked me with overseeing the care of the house and family pet. Fortunately they are having a wonderful family friend stay at the house for the time that they are enjoying visiting their daughter and sister.

Sometime on Wednesday evening I received a call from the house guest stating that there was water soaking into the rug in the laundry room and it was dripping from the ceiling. The guest was only aware of this because as the water had been discovered there had been a few drops that had squarely made their mark upon the head of our guest. Not knowing what to do other than to call me and inform me of what was happening, our guest sounded a little bit panicked and perturbed.

I mentioned that I would not be able to investigate the source of the water until I had accomplished an appointment down off of loop 12. This would place me at my parents at approximately 9pm.

After the long ride from the school, I arrived at my parents home and proceeded to observe the dripping and wet rug. Interested in discovering what could cause the "raining" within the home, I opened up the attic stairs and climbed up. Looking over at the water heater I found standing water in the pan below the cylinder and thought briefly to myself that this was going to be much more than just a clean up.

I have not been a home owner before, but now I know how to care for water heaters that are rusted out....

By Friday I had a handy man and a new water heater after communication with the patriarch and approval to proceed... hmm yes, God approved too. :)

Honestly proud of myself though for having handled it all and helping to keep our guest comfortable. Was glad that it did not extend itself into the next week because there are finals looming and much studying to do.

My wife just asked if we would be ready to leave soon for church... have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment