i am pleased that the weekend is here but at the same time I am wondering about how much of hte weekend will have to be filled up with managing my school schedule and finding the ability to cram all the information I can into my 3 pounds of brain so that I can do well on the toughest class that I have encountered this semester.
Amy and I made a concerted effort to post quite a few thank you notes this week and so that has been a good thing. It's been on our list for a while and we needed to address it before people began to wonder if their thoughts had not been received. I assure you if you happen to be reading this that we received such a substantial amount of well wishes and thoughtful gifts that its been a little overwhelming in being true to following up with them all in a short time. But as I thought about an assignment I recently did, an elephant is not eaten in a day! :) We are working on having our fill and enjoying each morsel of personalizing to our friends the significance they are to us.
I have been going "cold facebook" (yes! just like cold-turkey) as of late as well. probably the reason that I have blogged more consistently than seeing others thoughts and pictures posted for my enjoyment and perusal. In order to facilitate the "cold" part of the bargain my wife changed the password to facebook... it's been effective in being able to use my time toward more productive pursuits. There have been times however that I have wondered about the bird watching that Joe was doing, whether or not Bob had commented on the latest Cowboy loss, or if Suzy's new teeth had come in to fill out that wonderful smile that she has... hmm these are important pursuits as well, right? (all names changed to protect the innocent) ;)
Listened to an address on NPR coming home from work today that President - Elect Obama gave today. He held a press conference at the Hilton in Chicago. He was meeting with a group of people that he is referring to as his advisory committee for economic stimulus. Sounded official and all..... about the most interesting news that I listened to, though, was that fact that the future first family is going to be looking for a dog that is hypoallergenic. One of their daughters is susceptible to allergies that are dog related. Boy that has to be rough for a child to have to endure not having a special furry friend because of an allergy... IF I were to relate somehow and wonder about if I was in their situation, I know that I would miss many of the furry friends and experiences that I knew when I was growing up with my animal pals. By name the dogs have been Snuggles, Hattie (short for Harriet), and Bubby.
Bubby is still as contankerous as ever, but living out a good old age with my parents. hmm so anyways... Snuggles was a mix, Hattie was a pure bred Brussels Griffin, and Bubby is a China White Pekingese with a penchant for being quite independent.... sometimes my dad calls him Chinaboy because of his coloring... it changes ever so slightly with the seasons. In the summer months the "china" tends to have a dusty color from having been romping in the back yard and creating fun in the mud... at least you know where to wipe off the dirt when he comes into the house and it is not hidden in darker fur. During the winter months if we get a good snow and we see him out in it you have to look for 2 eyes running around the yard and the occasional whipping of the snow as it is moved by his active tail.
so... all that to say that all three dogs have been resistant to shedding their fur and this was one of the prerequisites for our mother to agree to keeping up with and allowing a companion into the home that she so lovingly cares for.
I wonder what the new first dog will be?
No comments:
Post a Comment