20081127

Things are really fun today. I am sitting enjoying the time with my nieces and their parents having a nice and relaxing T-Day with my wife and her extended family. My thoughts are also with my parents and youngest sister as they are on their way this morning to a trip to London and Denmark to visit my middle sister. At this point I think they are waiting their time in the Chicago airport.
My wife and I had a nice drive out to New Mexico from Texas and we are thankful on this day to have arrived safely for this time. There were no mishaps and we had a nice time talking and reading in the car as we traveled the 8-9 hours together. I find those moments to be sometimes quite refreshing and we find time to reconnect and grow in our relationship. She is such a blessing and it’s nice to not have the pressure of the big city to remind us of the constancy of the pressure of life that it can sometimes be. We talk about things that come to mind and about circumstances of our lives and of others and often wonder about the purpose and life that the Lord Jesus has planned for each of them. It brings the reminder that we are under his care and in the midst of everything can bring our thoughts, hopes, and dreams to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Christ is the reason for the grace and thankfulness that we find in this year and we are extremely grateful for the opportunities that we have to delight in His plan. True there are moments when we are caught up in the emotions of hardship or circumstance, but there is a bigger picture that feels less caught in the midst of the detail. A detail that can hinder us from knowing that our peace is not found in our own ability to handle the life we have been given, but that our breath, strength, and ability center on the empowerment that a Holy God has allowed. I am really amazed at the variety of life that is available to live in His world and as I make the choices that I participate in to live according to what the best is when I think about His perspective and love, I am reminded that my attempts are eclipsed in the might and strength that He portrays in the midst of my life. True, my dependency is not always placed in the center. It often finds its way to heavily be dependent upon the human strength that I have. When I see that I am a child that needs a Holy Father, I see that I need to have to reconnect, review, and rejoice in what Jesus has for me and those around me. Dependency placed on Christ and His ways is something that is not something I naturally desire or depend upon. He is however my core, my heart, my belief, my joy and in those moments when I do not find myself making the choices that are best for me to choose according to what He would want, I need to humble myself in His sight, take my heart and allow it to be sifted by His love to remove the impurities and relax in the peace that I am not all knowing and all powerful, but Christ Jesus, the One whom I place my complete faith in, is. He is!!! He is!! He Is!

No comments:

Post a Comment